Pages

Choices..some more life-isms

Going along with this time-management kick I have been on, I would like to talk about choices. We all make thousands of choices in a day, from what socks to put on in the morning, to what to do after dinner.  These choices we make can range in level from easy to extremely hard.  We have only so much patience for the choices we make, and many choices...especially for women...can be difficult, time consuming, and lead to unwanted stress.  I am usually plagued by making choices.  I have always struggled in this area...but recently I have been working on choice making and I found out some helpful hints...here are 3 that have made my life easier!

1.  Get rid of most of your "little" choices you have to make throughout the day.  I read that most presidents eliminate all the "small" choices that show up throughout the day so they can use their brain power on the more important choices.  They do not choose what they want for breakfast or lunch, they do not even choose their clothes in the morning (they just have the same suits for everyday).  By doing this, they are more focused and able to have a better result when making bigger decisions.  I have been trying to find places in my life where I can eliminate choice making...and it is a time and stress saver, too. Remember...time is precious ;)

2. Just make it.  This is my biggest weakness as a woman.  Often times I know my decision and know the exact choice I want to make, however, I do not want anyone else to be upset with the choice I make. I worry about others' feelings and the way others will look at me.  But sister, I am her to tell you... after researching this, most people are relieved when you make a choice. Besides, if they are really upset, they can say so...if they don't- that's their prerogative. Making the choice actually makes you seem confident and saves time! ....just make sure you say it nicely..."Let's go to sushi...unless anyone objects"...

3. When making big choices...go with your gut. Often times when we make big choices, we look to others.  This is smart...but only if you are looking to others who have your best interest...and more importantly are on the same page as you.  Your Grandma might have your best interest...but run a new business by her...and she might say something completely opposite of what you were wanting.  We have all been guilty of making a choice based on what others have said...then we have greatly regretted it.  Ask for advice...but then ask the reasons why someone gives you that advice....then make your own choice...following your instinct.  Remember...most give advice based on what they would do...or worse based on if it makes them jealous or not...Save time and energy by making your own choice!

Hope this helps...

1 comment:

  1. Great post! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a quick question about your blog! Please email me when you get a free moment at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments~ Chels xoxoxo